I haven’t written much lately, and that’s been for a variety of reasons. The most important being that I had to ensure clients capital was sheltered from what seems like Tsunami’s of bad news. Not much changing to do, just some re-balancing into less risky investments and continuing to hold our oldies but goodies.
Some of my observations or takeaways over the last few months:
- Don’t panic, analyze
- Ensure you always have enough cash on hand in case of an emergency (worst case scenario)
- Make sure you have adequate Insurance on all hard assets, including your lives
- Believe in your ability and instincts
- Never rely on others to help you out financially
- Never assume someone in authority is smarter than you are
- Question what seems too good to be true
- You always get what your pay for.
- Consistency always pays off
- Take care of yourself and your health (mentally and physically)
Stay sharp, stay committed and stay focused