Prosperity however you define it, either being happy, healthy or financial stable, all comes about by what I’ve learned is the first and most important step in getting there. Taking personal responsibility means you take ownership for your situation. Don’t wait around for someone else to make things happen, instead, realize that you and you alone are the one who needs to take steps if you want to be financially stable. Successful individuals all have this in common. Those who rose to the top or have great jobs realized that only they could get themselves there. It’s easy to be lazy and just do the bare minimum and get by in life and just pay the bills. Wouldn’t you rather have little to no debt, a paid off house, savings and better vacations with your family? Taking responsibility or being “accountable” for your life is going to get you there. Don’t rely on employers, government agencies, friends, family etc… These as many of you know can be unpredictable and can lead you into a false sense of security.
The road to prosperity is not a quick one, it takes time, effort, focus and patience. But when you start seeing the results of your actions and how empowering responsibility for one’s success can be, you won’t look back.
Here are some “Areas of Responsibility” that you need to take ownership for.
- Education-Go as far and as financially feasible as you can. Make sure you are “investing” in the right career path
- Learn your job well or start your own. Being OK at something just doesn’t cut it anymore. Be Great at something.
- Learn about money. How to handle it and make it work for you. Don’t be its slave, be its master
- Take care of yourself and your family.
- Be an example for those around you. Help others like those who have helped you. We all depend on one another.
Thanks for taking the time to read this, and stay tuned for Step 2 on the Road to Prosperity.