Accountants like other professionals are subject to regulations and ethical behaviour when practicing. But what separates “average accountants” from “Great Accountants”? Surprisingly it’s not the level of their education or which firm they work for, but it’s how they relate to you, their client.
A Great Accountant will bring the following elements to the table:
- Trust (without it there is nothing else!)
- Establish Goals and Timelines
- Straightforward advice
- Timely and on-going communication
- Progress reviews and client feedback
- Updates on pending changes to the Tax Act or Legislation
- Market trends
- Competitive research
- Proactive opportunities for growth or expansion
- Estate or Succession planning
If your not getting what you bargained for then it maybe time to start looking for another firm or person that can offer you more than just “doing the books”.
‘Till Next Time